Hello and happy Wednesday! Today we are talking peas and chocolate…no, not really…I am actually giving the most recent bathroom update. When we moved into our home about 7 months ago the main bathroom was a diluted pea soup color, and now it is a creamy brown (Benjamin Moore Spanish Brown to be exact).
And now the after:
The biggest obstacle in the room was the hunter green accent tile on the floor and in the shower. My master plan was to select a shower curtain that could bring in shades of green and shades of the wall color. I really like how the finished room turned out. Here are a couple other views of the space:
I must say, I am really proud of Kevin for painting the edge along the ceiling. That is always such a difficult task! I usually end up with paint on the ceiling (and from the amount of pea soup paint on the ceiling, so did the previous owners).
Take a peak at another eyesore that was in the original room:
If you remember my post a few weeks ago, you may recall that the cabinet broke and we had to get a new one. I purchased a cute vintage-y white cabinet from Home Depot, but I ended up returning it. I was concerned about the white paint and chrome hinges with the ivory sink and (beautiful new) bronze faucet. We ended up with a fabulous bronze mirror that was on clearance at Menards…$35, thank you very much!
I really love the bathroom now. My favorite part is probably the view from the shower. Check this out:
There was definitely some strategic planning with the sky light
So here is a list of what we did:
- Removed old medicine cabinet and patched hole in the wall
- Painted (Benjamin Moore: White woodwork and ceiling, Spanish Brown above the chair rail, and Cream Fleece below)
- Spray painted all the fixtures (Rust-oleum Oil Rubbed Bronze paint and primer combo)
- Replaced light fixture in the ceiling
- Switched out sink faucet and light switch/outlet covers
- Updated cellular shades with new white blinds
We only have a couple of things left to do:
- Purchase or make a storage unit for the corner (we are either thinking of an antique dresser or doing an Ikea hack job like this with bead-board that matches our bead-board…it kinda depends on how motivated Kevin is!)
- Add art and towels/accessories (I already bought a cute print of brown and green birds that I plan on hanging to the right of the mirror)