We finally have paint and crown molding in the nursery! Kevin has been working hard on getting the nursery ready. It was quite a chore painting over the previously pinky-peach walls with this beautiful navy blue.
I know it is kind of dark, and not exactly “baby-ish” but I like how the bold blue pops against the white wood work. What do you think? It’s Benjamin Moore Old Navy (we usually use BM Aura).
Let’s rewind, and look at what the room has gone through in the last year…
After I organized my office/craft room:
After we cleared out the room last month Kevin had a lot of prep work to do before painting: filling holes, adding nails to the poorly hung chair rail, scraping lose paint off the radiators, and fixing some window panes. All that took a lot of time. Soon enough he was able to prime everything, paint the ceiling, and then put up the navy blue.
We really love the look of crown molding, so Kevin was set on adding some to our little man’s new room. We picked out molding that is very similar to that in our master bedroom (which Kevin also put up by himself). Both rooms have decorative pieces in the corner (it looks great and makes it much easier to cut and put up)…
So, here is another peek at the room after paint and molding:
So what’s next on the list?
- sand and paint filled nail holes in molding
- build, paint and install radiator covers
- paint lower portion of the room (white) and woodwork
- change light fixture (which we got last week and it is super cute!)
- touch up ceiling around fixture
- build, paint and install book ledges
- purchase and hang window shades
- figure out/make and hang window valances or curtains
- assemble crib
- carry 9,000 lb wood dresser upstairs (that is gonna be tough)
- decorate and organize!
I hope we finish before the baby arrives!
So what’s next on your list? What do you think of the dark blue paint? Would you go that bold?