No, I am not Santa…I a just a girl freaking out about having a baby in a month! There is so much to do, I don’t even know where to begin! Everyone keeps telling me it will all be here after the baby arrives, but I really want to be neat, clean, organized and tidy when little Kev comes home! That way I won’t have to do anything but love him…
So I am trying to make a list! Most of it involves finishing and organizing the nursery. I started a list a few weeks ago when I showed everyone our painted room, so I’ll start there…
sand and paint filled nail holes in molding. Oh it feels so good to cross stuff off!
build, paint and install radiator covers. The covers have been built, and Kevin installed one. They turned out great!
Basically it is a metal screen sandwiched between two wood frames. They are on hinges for easy access. Now we need some sort of latch to keep them closed and a quick paint job.
paint lower portion of the room (white) and woodwork
change light fixture I love how the fixture turned out!
Originally the astronauts were solid white, but Kevin gave them some detail with a paint marker.
You can’t really tell from the picture, but the smaller light bulbs are the ones that flicker, so they look like a flame: so perfect!
touch up ceiling around fixture 6. build, paint and install book ledges Done, Done, and Done! Kevin made these with the help of this tutorial from Happy Go Lucky.
I can’t wait to add all of baby’s books!
7. purchase and hang window shades. I hope to order them this afternoon!
8. dust and clean floors and closet.
9. assemble crib. I really hope we do this tonight! I need to measure the crib so I can plan out the crib skirt.
11. figure out/make and hang window valances or curtains. I have made the big decision to to sew long curtains and hang them wider than the radiators. Thank you to everyone for all the advice and opinions! You wouldn’t think making curtains would be so stressful, lol!
12. clean dresser and add contact paper to drawers. I have seen people add wrapping paper or scrapbook paper to drawers with spray adhesive. Have you tired this? Any recommendations? Obviously if I did paper there are a lot more options on prints.
13. carry 9,000 lb wood dresser upstairs (that is gonna be tough).
13. make and hang crib mobile.
14. wash baby clothes and bedding
15. figure out how to organize closet and purchase shelving units or hanging shelves
16. fill dresser and closet
17. finish and hang nursery art and vintage map
18. get antique rocker from Kevin’s parents
19. sew pillow for rocker
20. get some sort of end table for next to rocker
21. declutter and clean the rest of the house!
I am beginning to feel like a hoarder. We have stuff EVERYWHERE! I wanted to have our guest room neat and ready for guests before the baby came, but that might be a loss cause. I would also like to look at the beautiful rug I ordered for the dining room (yes, I ordered one of those pretty yellow rugs I showed you guys a couple weeks ago! Any guess on which one I got? It’s still rolled up in the package in our living room), but there is no way it is going to look good in that room now with all the junk that is on the dining room table. And this is when I start to feel stressed out and overwhelmed! Ugh…time for a nap, lol.