Hello and Happy Tuesday!
Can you believe it is already 2013? And a week into 2013!? Nope, not me.
2012 was an amazing year. It was full of highs and lows (best day of my life was definitely Kevin’s birth on September 18th, 2012), but I am glad to see 2012 go. I am ready to look forward to a healthy and happy 2013!
I have some personal, home, and blog goals for 2013.
Let’s start with me. This year I will…
- Lose weight! I gained (a scary) 50 lbs with my pregnancy (but I think I can blame that on having major surgery and not being able to move for a month in the middle of it). The problem is the 50 lbs was in addition to some weight I gained after our wedding. The good news is I lost a little over 30 after having Kevin. I’d like to lose about 40-50 more (yep…that’s a lot). I will bring sexy back (Mom, it’s a Justin Timberlake song).
- Enjoy the present. I have read about a lot of other bloggers planning on focusing on the present, and I couldn’t agree more. I need to stop thinking about all the things I need to do in the nursery as I feed Kevin and just enjoy rocking him. Pretty soon he is going to be too big to rock!
- Dress better at work. I tend to throw on anything and hide under my lab coat. No more of that. When you look good you feel good.
- Be a better wife, mom, daughter, sister, aunt, and friend. I need to call more and text less. I need to make more plans, give more hugs, and send more cards.
- Start quilting. Kevin bought me all kinds of quilting supplies for Christmas so I have no excuse. I am debating about making a table runner or just jumping right into making an actual quilt.
This year at home we will…
- Get organized! I know we (or maybe that was just me) set out to get organized in 2012…but that didn’t go to well. I am embarrassed to admit I think our basement is less organized and messier that it was last year at this time. We are going to do a better job of being organized this year.
- Work on making the basement a usable space. We are fortunate enough to have an old home with a full basement that has tall ceilings. We need to organize, clean, and set up a rec room down there, and I think 2012 is the year to get it done!
- Host at least one dinner party. Other than having Christmas dinner, we did not have any type of dinner party in 2012. I definitely want to have some friends over for food and fun in 2013.
- Use more coupons and be better savers.
This year on the blog I will try to…
- Post 2-3 times a week. If you don’t follow already please sign up for emails or follow on facebook.
- Keep up with facebook by adding posts and staying connected.
- Update the design. I desperately need a little face lift over here!
- Write about whatever I want. Hopefully everyone is up for a mix of things from life to home to baby.
- Create monthly plans….and what better time to write up January’s.
- Join Melanie in an attempt to declutter. I will get rid of 23 bags of junk in the remaining 23 days of the month!
- Make at least one or two personal posts to help motive me on weight loss and work attire.
- Host a beautiful baptism for my sweet little baby. (Had to throw this one in here because it’s pretty much a sure thing!)
- Finish hanging things in the nursery and call it done!