I have been quite the slacker on the blog lately. I suppose I have been spending a lot of time enjoying the summer and catching up on some sleep now that Kevin has been sleeping a tad more (yay for “sleeping in” till 6 AM and 2 hour naps…it’s amazing).
Let’s take a look at what I wanted to do for June:
1. Finish projects. Specifically the bunting and the deck makeover. Wellll…this didn’t quite happen. I more or less threw in the towel with the buntings. I attempted to order grommets on amazon, and they were the wrong size. I asked Kevin to get some from Menards, and they were the wrong size! So we have a TON of 1/2″ grommets. Any suggestions on what to do with them?
I am pretty close to finishing the deck makeover. The rug I showed everyone last week was a huge part of it,
Kevin is almost done staining and painting the deck. If you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed he started the stain about a week ago…
2. Do more things as a family. We are doing pretty well with this! We did take our first family trip to the zoo in June (hopefully the first of many).
3. Eat more veggies. Yes! I have been doing great a this one, and I even got to eat some radishes from our garden!
4. Take more walks with the Kevins. This one could be better. I have taken quite a few with lil’ K and Stewie, but I would like to take some more evening walks with both Kevins.
Now, what’s in store for (what’s left of) July:
1. Drink more water. I was drinking so much water when I was pregnant, but lately I haven’t been getting my 8 glasses in (or even close to that).
2. Create a kitchen gallery wall.
3. Try baking something new. Kevin has been watching The Great American Baking Competition and I caught an episode today. All shows like that do is make me want to eat and/or bake.
4. Take our first family vacation and survive a 8 hour road trip with a 10 month old. Any one have any tips for us??
What do you have planned for July? How has the summer weather been in your neck of the woods?